The Broward Alliance of Caribbean's educators inc. was established in October 2010 the primary purpose of positively impacting student lives through involvement in the educational process. Membership is comprised of professionals of Caribbean descent who have in the past or currently serve within the educational process and Broward County Florida the organization also works with individuals from the wider community who are committed to the objectives and goals of the organization
Planning for college
BACE provides book scholarships to deserving Broward County high school graduating seniors of Caribbean descent who will be attending an accredited college or University. Students can access availability and deadline dates of BACE scholarships are visiting [SCHOLARSHIP LINK]
What we have come
The broward alliance of Caribbean's educators inc. seeks to be the voice of Broward Caribbean community on the educational matters. The organization's accomplishments include:
- Presentations to Caribbean parents on how to navigate the education system
- Provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors of Caribbean descent
- Donate school supplies to students and karubi and communities
- Contribute to holiday toy drives for Foster children
- Collaborate to author the guide Educating the Caribbean Child by hosting data collection focus groups with parents students and teachers of Caribbean descent.
- Build alliances with church communities with large Caribbean congregations
- Partner with Corinthian private sector businesses to accomplish joint objectives
- Organize various fundraising events on an annual basis
Read about our 10th anniversary story
Broward Alliance of Caribbean Educators (BACE), exists to impact lives through educational opportunities, foster positive relations among Caribbean educational professionals, provide outreach services and create a forum to address the civic and social issues for the empowerment of individuals from the Caribbean and wider community.
BACE was incorporated in the State of Florida under the provisions of Chapter 617, Florida Status on July 2010 and became a not-for-profit organization under the provisions of Section 501 (c) (3) of the United States of America Internal Revenue Code of 1986 on September 2011.
• Foster good relations among Caribbean educational professionals serving in Broward County
• Be the conduit of advocacy and restorative justice for Caribbean children and families within the Broward School District and outside of the District
• Offer educational services and outreach to Broward’s Caribbean Community
• Provide a forum to address civic and social issues that relate to Broward’s Caribbean community
• Serve the wider Caribbean
• Hosted to successful Parent Seminars sharing parenting information
• Developed alliances with church communities to be able to reach parents
• Provided school supplies and books to students PreK – 12
• Awarded book scholarships to graduating seniors
• Donate annual, toys/gifts to the foster children at Children’s Harbor
• Coordinate community outreach programs
BACE has much ‘big picture’ work ahead of us as we seek to be the voice of the Caribbean community in Broward County on educational matters. As we emerge from our infancy we strive to strengthen our membership and seek new ways to become educational advocates for the students of Broward county Pre-K to post-secondary. We therefore implore you to join us and embrace the ‘village’ mentality in an effort to serve best our community.